“The Ultimate Guide to the 2021 CrossFit Open in LANCASTER, OHIO”
Quick questionnaire to determine if you are a candidate for the TRUEFIT Intramural Open
Do you like fitness?
Do you like fun?
Do you like awesome people?
If you’re answered “Yes” to any of the above, Congrats, LETS CRUSH IT!!!
It’s OPEN time!!! After coming off a year set out to seemingly destroy inclusion and fun, we find ourselves standing socially distanced face to face with the funnest time of year…for the CrossFitter!
What is the Open?
The CrossFit Games Open is an online competition for the world. Now, the 1% use this as a qualifying event to punch their ticket to Games, but for the rest of us 99% we use it as a way to build community, progression, and of course FUN!
Everyone. Literally,this year is the most inclusive ever with new divisions, including RX, Scaled, Foundations, Adaptive, Masters, At Home, No Equipment. It doesn’t matter if 14, 35, or 65. Doesn’t matter if you can’t do a muscle-up. And it surely doesn’t matter if you can’t Snatch like Jimmy If you like fitness and having fun with awesome people…then you will fit right in
Why Should I Compete?
The Open is a global celebration of all the individual reasons we CrossFit. Maybe it’s to live healthier lives. Maybe it’s to lift your kids or stay healthy for your family. Maybe it’s just to prove we can do more than we ever believed possible. Whatever it is, this is the time to show the world your unique why with #ThisIsWhy
Each year we have witness members using the Open to get their first pull-up or first double under, to use the excitement to celebrate their fitness. But the greatest part is the cheering that goes on for everyone. Who know so many people want to see you get “one more rep!”
HOW TRUEFIT DOES IT BEST!!!
We love the community aspect of the Open and have worked hard to build a format that EVERYONE can compete and have fun! More than just your scores, we have set up a system you can learn, grow, and empower yourself all through fitness! Outside of the weekly workouts you will see athlete highlights, captain punishments (haha), “how to…” tips, and you will be coached on how you can safely challenge yourself. No matter your score, you will be celebrated!
How do I earn points?
This year we have 3 teams. We will do a FB Live team draft. All participants will be drawn randomly and placed on a team. Once tou are on a team you earn points by:
-doing the workout +1
-getting a top score +1
-participating in the weekly theme +1
-completing the weekly challenges +1
That’s it! Do the workout, have fun, cheer loudly!
How do I track my points?
This year we will track our points in Wodify Rise. You can download the app the use your regular Wodify credentials to login.
Where do I do the workouts?
Each Friday the Open WOD will be programmed for classes. Of you are unable to attend, you may makeup the workout on your time until the next workout is released (Thursday’s at 8pm).
How do I signup?
To register for the Open head over to the Open website listed below.
To sign up for the TFA Intramural Open simply put your name on the black board in the gym or speak to Brandon or Jimmy!
Links to a few helpful resources